My philosophy is that the beauty and marvels that I see on my journey should be spread with my photographs virtually, everywhere, through the Internet.
Some amazing travel photographers have inspired me, so I try to inspire other people. For this reason I am happy to set the licensing policies so you can use my images for free under certain conditions or, in other case, use them for your business projects.
I allow the use of my images in two ways:
With Creative Commons you are free:
• To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
• To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
• Attribution: Attribution to ‘Gianni Bianchini’ and my website giannib.com must be made along with the image.
• Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Sample Accepted Uses of the Creative Commons License:
• Blog post describing a trip in Asia
• Travel or photography articles online
• Social network posts
• A website for a school project
• An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of my images is allowed only if expressly granted by me. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. My fees are based on the following criteria:
• Media – print, web, television, etc.
• Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
• Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
• Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
Sample Uses Requiring a License to Copyright:
• A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
• A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
• A background image for a commercial website
• License to create an individual print for use in a private home
Thanks to Trey Ratcliff for allowing the use of this text.